Climate Neutral Campus Report
A Thought Leadership Initiative for
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) have collaborated with Kyoto Publishing to create the second edition of the “Climate Neutral Campus Report,” a published thought leadership report and companion website. Kyoto Publishing plans to distribute 15,000 copies to decision makers and influencers within the U.S. higher education system.
This edition’s focus is on Green Building Campus Leadership and stakeholder groups including students, faculty, administration and facilities. The Report will be divided into four sections, one for each stakeholder group, and will contain white papers and case studies that present perspectives on green building and sustainability issues from each of the stakeholder groups to show how these groups and individuals are engaging in campus activity in new and innovative ways.
About our Partners –
USGBC and AASHE
The U.S. Green Building Council is a nonprofit organization with a commitment to a sustainable future through cost-efficient and energy saving buildings. The USGBC community includes 18,000 member companies and organizations, and over 150,000 LEED Professional Credential holders. The organization brings builders, corporations, and elected officials together with environmentalists, nonprofit organizations and concerned citizens.
The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education is a nonprofit organization that serves more than 800 college and university campuses in working towards campus sustainability. AASHE provides resources, professional development, and a network of support to help higher education institutions model and advance sustainability in their communities.
Where is the report distributed?
15,000 copies of “Climate Neutral Campus Report” are delivered annually to over 3,500 of the nation’s largest higher education facilities. Our subscription database has been built from four & two year colleges with 5,000+ student enrolment, members of the Presidents Climate Commitment and author and client nominations.
Copies will be distributed to membership of USGBC and AASHE; North American colleges and universities Deans, Chancellors, Presidents and Facility and Faculty Heads; and Non- Governmental Organizations and key civic officials.
- Executive Vice President and COO
- Executive Vice President and CFO
- Chief Information Officer
- Vice Chancellor—Resource Management and Planning
- Director of Facilities & Operations
- Director of Campus Energy
- Director Food and Beverage
- SVP Development and Government Affairs
The Report is produced using triple certified paper, sustainable print and packaging techniques and any unavoidable emissions are offset.
Total Print Distribution – 15,000 Copies
The site includes all content from the published edition and additional white papers, case studies and interviews. We optimize the site for search engines around the topic of green building, climate neutrality, sustainability, energy efficiency and carbonfootprint reduction. Due to direct mail and online marketing efforts we utilize the site to generate qualified Leads.
We will be releasing new, exclusive content throughout the campaign to maintain the projects visibility across all forms of media.
What Do We Know About Our Audience?
In January of 2010 we conducted a poll amongst Educational Institutions. Here’s a top line review of the key headlines:
- 95% of respondents confirmed their educational institution invested in technologies and services to reduce greenhouse emissions in 2009.
- 27% of respondents said that the driving factor behind investing in sustainable solutions was a ‘desire to do the right thing’… 24% said the driving factor was ‘saving money.’
- 55% of respondents confirmed they are at the early stages of their process and were either ‘articulating their sustainability commitment’ or ‘defining their sustainability plan.’
- And finally, when asked which channels respondents look at to help aid their sustainability purchasing decisions, the most popular channels were ‘publications’ and ‘Whitepapers’ – each with 16% of the vote.
Of those that planned on investing in 2010, 16% planned to invest in ‘Recycling and Waste Management’ and an additional 16% planned to invest in ‘Energy Efficiency & Management.’
- Demonstrate your company’s ability to execute and help universities and colleges achieve carbon neutrality
- Utilize thought leadership to educate and influence “real” decision makers within higher education that are seeking sustainability solutions
- Enhance your companies brand through association with credible thought leaders in sustainability
- Provide your sales team third party collateral, which validates your product or service, for events, meetings, and lead generation
- Generate qualified leads for your business development team through our exclusive lead generation programs
- Cost effective direct mail strategy for contacts and valued prospects
If you are interested in proposing a Though Leadership submission for the report, please download the Editorial Invitation and return to email@example.com