Federal Government Thought Leadership
Produced in Association with Deloitte
Deloitte and Kyoto Publishing are working together to produce “Government by Example,” a published report and companion website to help federal and state agencies implement the executive orders and programs aimed at placing the U.S. government as a leader in climate neutral strategies.
The U.S. government occupies 500,000 buildings, operates 600,000 vehicles, employs 1.8 million civilians and purchases $500 billion per year in goods and services. Placing sustainability at the core of decision making will change the way we interact with government. The challenge for the agencies will be moving from the presidential commitment to strategy, policy, implementation and governance. We will deliver a guide to accelerate that journey.
The Report will contain peer-reviewed white papers, case studies, interviews and vendor profiles that share a range of thinking on strategies, challenges and solutions for achieving leadership in environmental, energy and economic performance. The content is being drawn from thought leaders that hold a variety of positions including consultants, government officials, academics, analysts, and solution providers.
The Report will deliver examples of the government and business achieving energy, cost, and environmental impact reduction as they adopt sustainable strategies. Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy and Economic Performance – Executive Order 13514, provides a methodology for coordinated action across all agencies.
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs National Energy Business Center has recently awarded a design-build contract for a wind turbine electric generation system to serve their Medical Center in St. Cloud, Minnesota. The 600-kW turbine installation, to be completed in spring 2011, is projected to supply up to 15 percent of the facility’s annual electricity usage.
- The U.S. General Services Administration’s Denver Federal Center (DFC) in Lakewood, Colorado will be installing a 7 megawatt photovoltaic system as part of a large modernization effort. The primary goal of the project is to provide a reliable utility infrastructure to service tenant agencies for the next 50 years. This facility will feed renewable energy back into the grid on weekends and cover 30 acres.
- Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas for their “Sheppard Puts the R in Recycling” program
- Department of Treasury for their petroleum use reduction.
- Department of Energy Y-12 National Security Complex in Tennessee for pollution prevention.
- United States Postal Service for their Green Purchasing Program.
Our Partner –
Deloitte is in the business of helping the Federal government deliver extraordinary advantages to citizens through unprecedented efficiency, accountability and responsiveness. As organizations with deep commercial industry knowledge, the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu network of member firms are a source of leading practices in strategy, financial management, enterprise risk management and human capital. Every day, federal government clients turn to Deloitte for better insights into the world’s leading strategies and to tap into their network of professionals across Deloitte’s industry programs. This means that their clients benefit from public and commercial sector experience.
Where will the Report be Distributed?
On October 5th 2010, we will launch the report and companion website. We will commence distribution of 15,000 copies of “Government by Example.” Deloitte will be assisting with the distribution to the agency leaders, senior decision makers and facility heads within the U.S. Federal and state government. Key opinion leaders and influencers on policy at the highest level of government including governors, senators and representatives will also be included in the initial distribution.
CLICK HERE for a full list of Federal Departments and Agencies in the distribution of Government by Example, as well as Titles of Recipients from our distribution database.
The Report will be produced using triple certified paper, sustainable print and packaging techniques, and all unavoidable emissions will be offset.
Total Print Distribution – 15,000 (fifteen thousand) Copies
To extend the reach of the report Kyoto Publishing is developing and optimizing a companion website www.governmentbyexample.com.
The site will include all content from the published edition and additional white papers, case studies and interviews. We will optimize the site for search engines around the topic of government environmental, energy, and economic performance. Due to direct mail and online marketing efforts, traffic is expected to increase rapidly.
Our clients will be able to leverage educational content to create a call to action and lead generation on www.governmentbyexample.com.
- Demonstrate your company’s ability to help Federal Agencies improve energy efficiency and environmental performance.
- Utilize thought leadership to educate and influence the RFP process within federal agencies that are seeking sustainability solutions
- Enhance your companies brand through association with credible thought leaders
- Provide your sales team third party collateral, which validates your product or service, for events, meetings, and lead generation
- Generate qualified leads for your business development team through our exclusive lead generation programs
- Cost effective direct mail strategy for contacts and valued prospects
If you are interested in proposing a Though Leadership submission for the report, please download the Editorial Invitation and return to firstname.lastname@example.org